Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 23, 2011

First impression on Taipei


When I arrived to the airport -first thing that I could notice were pretty old architecture with quasi old buildings - didn`t even close to Bangkok airport design ... It is something like a mix of the communistic style of Chine ... (like Budapest) with the NY style of 80s ... There was also a lot of free unused space

Second, that it is very crowdy ... but people are well schematized, well guided by functional officers ... What could be noticed very quickly was that they are in hurry - always .... (this originates in street fast food markets ...)

|After funny registration in the immigration office just after my flight and baggage hall drop point I could finally enter Taiwans land ....

Of course I had some problems with ATM machine - possibly caused by my french limitations to certain amounts on my visa card... or something ... So that I couldn`t realize the idea (low cost idea) of getting he money for all week - not to pay for exchange and transfer several times .... (but finally will not escape from that ...) Money are quite big and looks funny (currency: 1Eur=41 TD)

When succeeded, a bunch of taxi drivers attacked me, proposing to drive mi wherever I want to... really nice people but after three of them I had enough ... I chosen simple (and certainly less expensive ) public transport mean : bus ... It was no easy to buy a ticket - first of all, because I didn`t know where.... and secondly, when I looked on my google maps papers with my Hotel position and addressee to explain where I have to be - I didn't find any addressee .... :)

Imagine now this situation when you arrive in Taipei and you don't have an address of the hotel , ... You just partially remember it`s name ...and finally I remembered also a district ....what enables me to buy a ticket ////

When found a right bus (or should say autocar ..) I realized that we are like 1h of driving from Taipei ....!!! brrr ... don`t want to think about returning ....



Durring this drive one can notice that almost everywhere are rice fields !!! ... what a strange culture ....

That they are building everywhere - new bridges etc ... so we can have an impression that they are trying to renovate old communistic style .... one again ...



When arrived at the hotel ....


I found out that everything in it is controlled remotely (even toilet with different strange buttons - with chinease explications ..) , nice looking room :)


After a bath I decided to walk a bit around to see something interesting ... (main reason was an increasing hunger ... )

Conclusions ...

 - watch out for scooters !!! - crazy bustards are everywhere and don`t care ....


- there is counting on the green light - funny but usefull ....

- garbadge truck when cumming to the street is playing music, like the ice-cream trucks ... to attract the people
- there are no translations in English, so good luck with understanding what is the price for articles ...



- food is really good and not expensive on the street - Taiwanese bear is quite good - they like beef really much !!!


- and THERE IS A LOT OF MAGIC PLACES :













No comments:

Post a Comment